Welcome to the MD&M Minneapolis Speaker Center, designed to help speakers plan their engagements and promote their sessions. We are thrilled you will be presenting at our event!
Speaker Registration & Benefits
As a conference speaker, you receive a complimentary All Access Pass to the expo and conference – we take care of getting you registered so you don’t have to. Upon arrival, you can retrieve your Speaker Badge at the Speaker Ready Room located in Room 209AB. Other benefits of speaking include:
- You receive one complimentary guest pass plus an additional 20% discount for clients and colleagues (unlimited use) by using the code SPEAKER2018 in the registration portal; you can begin circulating this discount through your network straightaway. Please contact your conference producer or operations lead to request a guest pass – you’ll simply need to provide the guest’s name, job title, company, phone number, and email address.
- You receive access to all onsite receptions, exhibitions, entertainment, keynotes, co-located conferences, conference lunches, and sponsored trainings.
- Your participation on faculty provides you and your company with professional exposure and is an opportunity to raise your profile within the advanced manufacturing and engineering community in the following ways:
- Your name, title, company, and biography will be featured on the MD&M Minneapolis 2018 event website
- A chance to have your session promoted on all MD&M Minneapolis 2018 and affiliate Social Networks
- Speak about your latest innovations, expertise, and company’s leadership before some of the most influential engineers and press in the field
- Your contribution will make a positive impact on the engineering community by sharing your knowledge and expertise.
Important Deliverables & Deadlines
Please carefully review the following deliverables and deadlines required of all speakers. If you’ve already provided us with some or all of these items, please feel free to skip over this section.
- September 7th - Speaker Agreement Due - Download, review, sign, and submit the agreement. Click here to download.
- September 7th - Professional Bio & Photo Due - Photo should be 200x200 pixel, high-resolution preferred. Upload here.
- October 22nd - Presentation Slides Due - Click here to download.
- October 22nd - Mobile Phone Number & Twitter Handle Due
- October 29th - Last Day to Submit Presentation Edits or Changes
- Oct 31st - Nov 1st - MD&M Minneapolis Conference
MD&M Minneapolis, Laurie Lehmann - [email protected] - 303-513-5973
Medtech Central, Lisette Child - [email protected] - 315-378-8873
Engineering Headquarters, Lisette Child - [email protected] - 315-378-8873
Conference Operations Lead
Colleen Kraskiewicz - [email protected] - 630-481-1407
Theaters Operations Lead
Tina DeSanto - [email protected] - 212-600-3155
MD+DI/Qmed, Daphne Allen - [email protected] - 310-445-4263
Public Relations Lead
Rich Trunzo - [email protected] - 424-316-7169
Presentation Requirements & Submission Instructions
ALL slide submissions MUST follow the requirements below. Speakers who fail to provide the materials correctly might not be considered for future speaking opportunities. Do not create slides for panel discussion participation unless instructed otherwise by your panel organizer.
- Presentations must be submitted in a PDF format (contact your operations lead if this is an issue for you)
- Download the Speaker Presentation Template and please use this as the PowerPoint template for your content
- Name the presentation file: FirstFiveWordsofSessionTitle_YourLastName.pdf
- Submit your presentation below
Upload Your Presentation
You will upload your presentation here. Please review the submission instructions before you begin.
- Name your PDF and PPT file: FirstFiveWordsofSessionTitle_YourLastName.pdf
- In the description, please add the title of your session and your email address.
- Submit the final presentation in PDF and PPT format only.
** If you need to make revisions after you have submitted, please do not upload via the Box widget. Email revised PDF and PPT to [email protected] to avoid delays in the process and ensure the correct version is provided to attendees.
Standard conference session rooms will include the following:
- 1 Podium Microphone
- 1 Wired Lavalier Microphone
- 2 Tabletop Microphones
- 1 LCD Projector With VGA Cable Connector
- Large Projector Screen (16:9)
- PC Laptop
Note that when conducting your presentation or participating on a panel, press may be present, including members of the Associated Press. Please be advised not to include confidential information in your discussion unless preceded by an "off the record" disclaimer.
Marketing & Pre-Show Promotion
By agreeing to speak, you have become a vital part of the conference and thus an important element of pre-event promotion. Here’s how your involvement in pre-event promotion works:
- Social Media: If you’re on social media, we hope that you’ll socialize your participation and engage with your network about your speaking engagement at our event.
- Editorial Media: If you’re willing and available, we hope that you’ll give a pre-event interview by agreeing to speak with one of our staff editors about your scope of expertise and conference session. The world wants to hear about you and how you’re influencing your industry. Don’t miss the opportunity to get extra exposure by having a professional editorial piece written about you, as this content will be made public on our media sites and potentially included in our press releases.
- Note that our marketing and editorial teams will be promoting your participation through various media channels throughout the pre-event campaign. Please be prepared to have your name and professional photo used on our marketing platforms, including website, media blogs, and social media.
Social Media Tool Kit
Please refer the social media tools below to help you engage with your network.
- Event Hashtags: #advmfgexpo
- Turnkey Twitter posts:
- Example 1: Excited to be speaking at the #advmfgexpo on Nov 1st! See you there…
- Example 2: #advmfgexpo is going to be the best yet! I’ll be speaking at Medtech Central on Nov 1st on healthcare IoT. See you at the conference.
Conference Room Location
Upon arrival, proceed through the front entrance of the convention center and locate your track room on the second floor:
- MD&M Minneapolis, Track A: Room 211A
- MD&M Minneapolis, Track B: Room 211B
- MD&M Minneapolis, Track C: Room 211C
Speaker Ready Room Location
To check-in and pick-up your badge, go to Room 209AB. The Speaker Ready Room is for speaking faculty and event operations to discuss logistics, conduct meetings, prepare for presentations, and/or meet fellow panelists. If you need to provide us with an updated copy of your presentation, you’ll be able to find a staff member to help you here. The Speaker Ready Room is open from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM both days of the event.
Medtech Central Location
The pavilion is located in Hall D at Booth 1347. Through the main entrance proceed straight into the expo hall and make your way to the 1300 aisle until you arrive at Booth 1347. Once there, check-in with the Theaters Operations Lead that you’ve been in touch with.
Engineering Headquarters Location
The pavilion is located in Hall C at Booth 232. Through the main entrance proceed straight into the expo hall and make your way to the 200 aisle until you arrive at Booth 232. Once there, check-in with the Theaters Operations Lead that you’ve been in touch with.
Tech Theater Location
The pavilion is located in Hall E at Booth 2047. Through the main entrance proceed straight into the expo hall and make your way to the 2000 aisle until you arrive at Booth 2047. Once there, check-in with the Theaters Operations Lead that you’ve been in touch with.
As a member of faculty, you’ll be provided with complimentary lunch both days of the event; buffet lunch will be served in Room 101DEFG from 11:45 AM – 1:15 PM daily.
As a member of faculty, you receive access to all event keynotes. The keynote presentations will take place once daily from 1:00-2:00 PM. Location TBA.
Over 2200 parking spots are next to the Minneapolis Convention Center with an additional 3000 connected by Skyways to the convention center. Download downtown Minneapolis parking map (PDF)
Parking is available on Third Avenue directly east of the Minneapolis Convention Center.
- 1 Hour $4.00
- 1 to 3 Hours $7.00
- 3 to 6 Hours $9.00
- 6 to 12 Hours $10.00
- 12 to 24 Hours $12.50
- 24 Hours $15.00
- Early Bird 6:00-8:00am $7.50
Exhibitor parking directly behind halls B, C, D & E in the marshaling yard is available for sale. These spaces are available through the MCC Exhibitor Services offices on a first-come, first-served basis. There is no reserved parking; please see the Exhibitor Services office early upon your arrival at the MCC since space is limited.
Parking Panda allows visitors to purchase parking near their destination. Parking availability is very limited, so it is strongly recommended that you purchase your parking in advance.
Hotel & Accommodations
To help you make hotel reservations, MD&M Minneapolis 2018 has partnered with onPeak to offer a wide variety of hotels at the lowest rates available. Click here for more details.
To download the mobile app, search for UBM Minneapolis in your app store on your phone. The mobile app provides access to the full conference schedule, onsite activities, Tech Theater, Medtech Central, Engineering Headquarters, and the full list of exhibitors across all co-located shows.
- Make sure to bring a copy of your presentation with you on-site.
- If you have any additional A/V request(s), contact [email protected].
- Avoid sales pitches and commercial presentations. Experience shows that you will represent your company best by giving an educational, informative presentation.
- No sales/promotional handouts are to be distributed in the conference areas (including meeting rooms). Sales literature distribution is limited to exhibitor booths only. For more information or to learn about MD&M Minneapolis 2018 sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities, please contact [email protected].